Black Friday deals are in full swing, and digital streaming services have joined the analog army of holiday sales you’ll find online. Monthly subscriptions for on-demand entertainment seem to be getting more expensive every year, but good news: now is the perfect time to save a few bucks before collapsing into your couch.
Still, finding the right streaming service to fit your family’s lifestyle is a matter of deciding which content you’d like; each streaming platform has different partnerships with different production studios, making each service unique in terms of the movies, TV shows, and live events subscribers have access so. (For example, the Game of Thrones franchise is exclusive to HBO, as is Ted Lasso to Apple TV.)
Our favorite Black Friday streaming deal might be the Disney Plus, ESPN+ and Hulu bundle, which is just $13.99 a month until December 8 (opens in new tab). The price of entry gives you everything one of the best streaming services has to offer, with more movies, TV shows, and live sporting events added each month. That includes edge-of-your-seat content from from the NBA, NHL, UFC, and more.
But that’s not all, folks! We’ve rounded up our favorite streaming services deals for Black Friday. Keep reading to see which one is right for you. (And your wallet.)
Once you’ve taken advantage of the Black Friday laptop deals you’ll find this week, it’s time to figure out what to watch on that brand-spanking new high-res display you’ve presumable purchased.
1. An annual subscription for Disney Plus is down to $80 right now, and this is your magical one-stop shop for everything Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Stars Wars, and National Geographic — content the whole family can enjoy. Whether you’re a fan of nostalgic cartoons (X-Men: The Animated Series, Gargoyles, Duck Tales), rock-’em-sock-’em superhero movies and TV shows (Ms. Marvel, She Hulk: Attorney at Law, Iron Man), or documentaries about the great outdoors (America the Beautiful), a Disney+ subscription has a little something for kids — and adults — of all ages.
2. Hulu drops to $1.99 a month for Black Friday, and this remains one of the best streaming services available, with exclusive content like The Bear, The Handmaid’s Tale, and Reservation Dogs alongside popular current and classic shows from all the major networks. Add in a wide array of on-demand movies, and it’s easy to see why Hulu is a must-have for cord-cutters.
3. We’re not done yet. HBO Max is only $2 a month for new subscribers, offering one of the best streaming services on the market. HBO Max has a huge library of content spanning decades of television, movies, and comedy specials. Bonus: if you’re a Game of Thrones fan, you can watch the entire original series (and the huge hit spin-off series House of the Dragon) whenever you like. Rawr.
4. You can also save 50% off Paramount Plus, which is perfect for NFL fans. Paramount Plus offers a vast library of shows, movies, sports, and Paramount Plus exclusives and original hits like the Halo TV series, South Park: The Streaming Wars, and Seal Team. You also get access to live NFL games on CBS, live Champions League soccer matches, and 24/7 news coverage. Game on!
5. Last but not least, Peacock is only 99 cents a month in this Black Friday deal. If you’re a diehard sports fanatic, you’ll be elated to know that you can watch the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 on Peacock. You can also catch critically acclaimed shows such as Yellowstone and The Office, along with reality TV franchises like Real Housewives and Southern Charm.
Granted, there are plenty of free streaming services to keep you entertained over the holidays, but you won’t have the same selection of premium TV shows, new movies, and live sporting events offered by one of the subscriptions above.
Black Friday 2022 is on Nov. 25 and we’re tracking the best end-of-year discounts on must-have tech. Looking for one of the best laptops to watch multimedia from? Be sure to bookmark our Black Friday deals hub for the best holiday discounts, which includes laptops and tablets.